High Quality office accommodation in Devon produces own electricity and reduces carbon emissions
Swallow Court is a high quality conversion of an attractive Victorian farm courtyard into a striking office complex. The directors of the development were keen to reduce the carbon emissions as much as possible, so employed SOL Electrical to design, supply and install a roof-mounted 10kW solar PV system.
- 9.89kW retrofit system
- Export limitation boosts on-site consumption of electricity produced, so minimising grid electricity costs
- Panels: 46 x Kyocera 215 watt panels (with 10 year product warranty)
- Inverters: 3 x Fronius IG Plus 35V (with an extended 20 year warranty)
The Feed-in Tariff provides financial gain in 3 ways:
- The generation tariff provides an index-linked income for every kW/hr generated
- The export tariff is paid on top of the generation tariff for PV generation sold back to the grid
- The level of grid electricity bought and consumed is much lower with the PV in place.