Local Business invests for the future
The Miller family has been growing and selling locally sourced produce for over 30 years. They were keen to embrace renewable energy as a means of reducing the impact of their business on the environment, whilst minimising energy costs and earning a significant income from the Feed-In Tariff. SOL Electrical were appointed to design and install a PV system that would meet the specific energy requirements of the business.
- 125kW with the potential to deliver all of the electricity required across the site
- Export limitation boosts on-site consumption of electricity produced, so minimising Grid electricity costs
- Panels: 500 x German-manufactured SolarWorld Polycrystalline (with 10 year product warranty)
- Inverters: 4 x SolarEdge SE27.6K (with 12 year warranty) maximise performance
The Feed-in Tariff provides financial gain in 3 ways:
- The generation tariff provides an index-linked income for every kW/hr generated
- The export tariff is paid on top of the generation tariff for PV generation sold back to the grid
- The level of grid electricity bought and consumed is much lower with the PV in place.