Nationally renowned Equestrian Centre in Somerset generates its own electricity
This pioneering 50kw installation was completed just ahead of the British Eventing Horse Trials which take place at Pontispool Equestrian Centre twice yearly. SolarEdge optimisers were used to monitor the output of each panel for maximum efficiency and electricity production. This design minimises electrical usage from the national grid, whilst producing a higher potential income from the Feed-In Tariff than a standard system.
- 50kW system with the potential to deliver all of the electricity required across the site
- export limitation to 12kW maximises on-site consumption of electricity produced
- Panels: 200 x German-manufactured SolarWorld Polycrystalline (with 10 year product warranty)
- Optimisers: 100 x SolarEdge P600 optimisers allow on-line monitoring to ensure peak operation
- Inverters: 3 x SolarEdge SE17K inverters with 12 year warranty maximise performance and income
Pontispool’s PV system is expected to pay for itself within 4 to 5 years. The Feed-In Tariff will provide the owners with an index-linked income for the next 20 years; they will also benefit from significant cost savings with much of the centre’s electricity being generated on-site.